We understand that social entrepreneurs prefer action over theory so our programme is dynamic, interactive and packed with inspirational sessions that lift the lid on the key challenges faced when starting and leading a social enterprise.
“Being on the School for Social Entrepreneurs programme was an incredible experience, I learned business skills and made friends I will have for a lifetime.”
About the Learning Programme Fellowship
The Fellowship is a 9-month learning programme that will help you start a social enterprise, community project or charity. The focus is on learning by doing. Each day of the programme will leave you inspired, re-energised and full of confidence. The programme is centred around the development of both you as a leader and turning your idea into an organisation.
The programme covers all the essentials you need to know when starting your own organisation including:
- Setting up and funding a social enterprise
- How to improve your working methods
- How to communicate your work effectively to others
- How to build your skills and knowledge
- Increasing your confidence as a leader
Who should come on the learning programme Fellowship?
The learning programme Fellowship is for entrepreneurial people with an idea that will make a positive difference in their community or beyond! We are looking for people with the enthusiasm, drive and commitment necessary to get a project off the ground. You also need an idea for an organisation and be able to explain the positive social impact that you will have.
You do not need any qualifications or previous business experience to apply. However, you will be expected to take an active part in your learning. We believe that how much you put into the learning programme will impact how far your enterprise develops over the 9 months.
We support local charities, national social enterprises and international projects.
What does the learning programme Fellowship cover?
The learning programme Fellowship runs over a 9 month period, with 23 contact days. The emphasis is placed on learning by doing. The aim is that you can take away skills you learn on the Fellowship and put them into use within your social enterprise straight away.
The course is made up of 4 pillars, consisting further elements that will help you develop both your enterprise and yourself:
- Expert witness sessions
- Action Learning Teams
- Project visits
- Mentoring sessions
The learning programme Fellowship will get you ready to tackle the challenges you will face on your start-up journey. The course is a transformative experience, in an independent evaluation, 97% of students said they would recommend the SSE approach.
Successful applicants are required to pay nothing. Our partners, PwC, are sponsoring you and your projects to have social impact.
You do not need qualifications.
- Simply download the two page application form, fill it in offline, and upload it via the button provided below.
- First interviews will be conducted over the phone or via Skype within two-four weeks of submitting the application.
- Final panel interviews & pitch will be in person, where you will have the opportunity to further discuss your enterprise/project and the impact you are hoping to create.
Deadline for applications
Deadline 1: Wednesday, 31st January 2018
Deadline 2: Sunday, 11th February 2018
No applications will be accepted after 6pm on 11th February 2018.
The applications will be processed and the first round of interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
‘Meet a Fellow’ Information sessions will take place on:
- Meet Dr. Raunaq Pradhan & Prem Kumar, SSE India Fellows, and hear them share their story, experience at SSE India of building their enterprise –
Thursday, 25th Jan, 201 8, in Delhi.
- Meet Neharika Mahajan & Abhishek J, SSE India Fellows, and hear them share their story, experience at SSE India of building their enterprise – Friday, 2nd Feb 2018, in Delhi.
- If you would like to know more about the programme do call Mohit at +91-98-107-17900 between 10am-6pm.
To book any of the information sessions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Limited spaces available.
- Please submit your application by 11th February, 6pm.
- Wait for our email with the next step/s about moving ahead to a phone/Skype conversation with us, and then finally the final panel interviews & live pitch in Delhi.
- Those who feel the programme is right for them and who we feel are at the right step in developing their project will be invited to a formal panel interview in Delhi, so that we can learn more about you and your project. The panel interviews will be hosted in March 2018.
- Spend some time on this website, and the-sse.org, the SSE UK website, to learn more about SSE.
- Hear stories of many SSE Fellows and Alumni at https://www.youtube.com/user/SocialEntrepreneurTV.