- Do you have an innovation to create social impact?
- Are you willing to work on your product/service and build it into a social enterprise?
- Do you believe in learning by doing? If yes, come be a part of the INVENT Program at IIT-Kanpur, and take your innovation to the masses, with the incubation offered.
“INVENT Social Incubation Program has brought in good networking, mentorship, analysis through intensive diagnostic panels along with the funding.” Mr. Eshan Sadasivan, CEO, PROSOC Innovators
Innovative Ventures and Technologies for Development (INVENT) is a joint collaboration of the Technology Development Board (TDB), Government of India and the Department for International Development (DFID), Government of the United Kingdom. INVENT aims to make a positive social impact by providing incubation support to technology-oriented start-ups. Through INVENT program, SIDBI Innovation and Incubation Centre (SIIC) at IIT Kanpur aims to incubate 40 start-ups working in social enterprise. http://www.iitk.ac.in/invent/portfolio.html
What does INVENT offer you?
- Seed funding of upto INR15lacs, upon basic validation
- Entry into INVENT’s Social Accelerator Program
- On-campus and virtual incubation
- Mentors with domain expertise
- Capacity building workshops (offered in collaboration with SSE India)
- Networking access to investors for scale-up and growth
- A for-profit model (MUST)
- Registered as a PVT. LTD.
- Sector: Education, Agri/AgriTech, Livelihood, Water & Sanitation, Healthcare, IT
- Stage: Pilot or proof of concept conducted, with some traction in revenue and/or customers
- Area of Operations: Priority states such as UP, Chattisgarh, West Bengal, Bihar, Odisha, Jharkhand, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh
- Significant Positive Impact on Bottom of Pyramid (BoP)
“What could be better than investing money for returns and as well as investing it to change lives? INVENT understands that and is working feverishly towards that.” Mr. Alok Misra, Chief Catalyst, Socents Ventures
SSE India’s Approach to Social Entrepreneurship
A social entrepreneur’s journey can be very lonely and exhausting, and SSE India walks a bit of the journey with you—building a sense of possibility, inspiring you with success and failures, and teaching you new skills.
We understand that social entrepreneurs prefer action over theory so our programme is dynamic, interactive, and packed with inspirational sessions that lift the lid on the key challenges faced when starting and leading a social enterprise.
Our programme is committed to jargon-free learning. We focus on developing YOU, the individual behind social change. We strongly believe that, with the right support and investment in the entrepreneur, the enterprise is likely to succeed. The Fellowship Programme runs for 9 months and focuses on learning by doing.
‘Experts’ from various industries help develop and refine certain hard skills such as branding and marketing, project management, and business model development. Interactive sessions with experienced social entrepreneurs, known as ‘Witnesses,’ share their journeys of struggle and success. ‘Mentors’ from our partner organisations guide and ensure the development of the Fellows during the fellowship and beyond. We use ‘Action Learning’ as our core pedagogy, and our Fellows dedicate time to working on their enterprise/project in-between the learning sessions.
This learning programme will get you ready to tackle the challenges you will face as a social entrepreneur on your start-up journey. The course is a transformative experience; in an independent evaluation, 97% of students said they would recommend the SSE approach.
“Being on the School for Social Entrepreneurs Programme was an incredible experience, I learned business skills and made friends I will have for a lifetime.” – SSE India Fellow
- CLICK HERE to download the application form and save it to your computer.
- Complete the application form and save it.
- Email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org. with the subject line ‘Application to SSE India IIT-Kanpur INVENT Incubation Program’.
Deadline for applications is AUGUST 30, 2018 – applications will be processed & offers will be made on rolling basis.
- The selection process is lean & engaging: application form, due-diligence process, panel interview.
- IIT-Kanpur will guide you throughout the process. The decision on selection of application would be communicated to you within 8 weeks.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: AUGUST 30, 2018
If you have any more questions, please email email@example.com