- Are you a social entrepreneur working in the state of Chhattisgarh?
- Are you between the ages of 18-36 years old?
- Are you passionate about working for individuals and communities affected by socio-economic conflicts?
- Do you have an idea or a project to build peace using technology, media and/or other tools?
The School for Social Entrepreneurs (SSE) India invites applications for its Chhattisgarh Social Start-Up Fellowship Programme 2018, along with our partners 36Inc, Government of Chhattisgarh, U.S. Embassy and Consulates in India and PeaceTech Lab. This brand-new programme, exclusively for the state of Chhattisgarh, is designed with a focus on promoting social entrepreneurship for conflict transformation and peace building in conflict- affected regions and communities.
The 9-month Fellowship Programme supports aspiring social changemakers to develop an entrepreneurial approach towards solving complex social problems in the state of Chhattisgarh.
SSE India’s Approach to Social Entrepreneurship
A social entrepreneur’s journey can be very lonely and exhausting, and SSE India walks a bit of the journey with you—building a sense of possibility, inspiring you with success and failures, and teaching you new skills.
We understand that social entrepreneurs prefer action over theory so our programme is dynamic, interactive, and packed with inspirational sessions that lift the lid on the key challenges faced when starting and leading a social enterprise.
Our programme is committed to jargon-free learning. We focus on developing YOU, the individual behind social change. We strongly believe that, with the right support and investment in the entrepreneur, the enterprise is likely to succeed. The Fellowship Programme runs for 9 months and focuses on learning by doing.
‘Experts’ from various industries help develop and refine certain hard skills such as branding and marketing, project management, and business model development. Interactive sessions with experienced social entrepreneurs, known as ‘Witnesses,’ share their journeys of struggle and success. ‘Mentors’ from our partner organisations guide and ensure the development of the Fellows during the fellowship and beyond. We use ‘Action Learning’ as our core pedagogy, and our Fellows dedicate time to working on their enterprise/project in-between the learning sessions.
The Programme covers all the essentials you need to know when starting your own organization, including:
- Setting up and funding a social enterprise
- How to improve your working methods
- How to communicate your work effectively to others
- How to build your skills and knowledge
- Increasing your confidence as a leader.
This learning programme will get you ready to tackle the challenges you will face as a social entrepreneur on your start-up journey. The course is a transformative experience; in an independent evaluation, 97% of students said they would recommend the SSE approach.
“Being on the School for Social Entrepreneurs Programme was an incredible experience, I learned business skills and made friends I will have for a lifetime.” – SSE India Fellow
- Download the application form and save it to your computer.
- Complete the application form and save it.
- Email your completed application to email@example.com. with the subject line ‘Application to Chhattisgarh Social Start-Up Fellowship Programme 2018’. The deadline for applications is May 30th 2018.
- Next steps:
- Phone interview: If your application is successful, you will be contacted for a phone interview.
- Final panel interviews: If you are successful at the phone interview stage, you will have the opportunity to attend a face-to-face interview to further discuss your enterprise/project and the impact you are hoping to create.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 30, 2018
If you have any more questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.